UNITED STATES UNDERWATER CORPS
WEAPONS TRAINING BATTALION
MARINE CORPS MARKSMANSHIP MIDDLE OF QUALITY
MARINE CORPS COMBAT CREATION COMMAND
QUANTICO, VIRGINIA 22134‑5040
FUNDAMENTALS OF COMBAT GUN MARKSMANSHIP/
TERMINAL LEARNING OBJECTIVE.
1) Given a M9 services pistol, holster, cartridge belt, magazines, ammunition pocket, ammo, a focus on, and without reference aids employ a immobile target IAW MCRP 3-01B to achieve a qualifying credit score IAW MCO 3574. 2_. (PMP. several. 1)
2) Given selection supplies, products, personnel to coach and without research aids, perform dry flames Preparatory Schooling per Ocean Corps Battle Marksmanship Plan (MCCMP) and Pistol Marksmanship Program (PMP) lesson plans and IAW MCRP 3-01A and MCRP 3-01B.
3) Given focuses on, range items and gear, prepared shooters, a range, minus reference helps coach fixed target diamond with the M9 pistol to ensure personnel acquire a proficiency level IAW MCO 3574. 2_. (8530. 1 . 5)
ENABLING LEARNING TARGET.
1) Given a M9 support pistol, holster, cartridge seatbelt, magazines, ammo pocket, ammunition, a concentrate on, and without guide aids apply the fundamentals of marksmanship IAW MCRP 3-01B. (PMP. a few. 1d)
2) Given personnel to train, targets, and without
reference supports analyze the basic principles of
marksmanship during dry open fire to ensure they may be
utilized IAW MCRP 3-01A and MCRP 3-01B. (8530. 1 ) 1g)
3) Given staff to train, focuses on, and without
reference supports analyze the fundamentals of
marksmanship during live fire to ensure they can be
utilized IAW MCRP 3-01B. (8530. 1 . 5c)
1 . LOOKING
1) Sight Alignment. Sight positioning is the romance between the front side sight and rear view with respect to the seeking eye. Accurate sight alignment is the front sight centered in the back sight notch. The top border of the front side sight can be level with all the top edge of the backside sight. Equal space should exist about either aspect of the front sight.
2) Building Sight Position. The gun is terminated without advantage of bone support. Therefore , the pistol is at constant action. The Ocean must understand this and accept this kind of movement, yet continually shoot for aligned views. Sights must align, when the shot destroys to fire accurately.
a) The grip is vital to obtaining sight conjunction. If the grasp is correct, front side and rear end sights should naturally line-up. Dry open fire in business presentation aids in getting a grip that permits a present shooter to acquire consistent sight alignment.
b) A shooter must have enough control of buff tension in the grip, wrists, and forearms to hold the weapon regular. This enables him to level the gun sights as well as sight position. Consistent pressure allows sight stabilization and steady position.
3) Sight Picture. Sight picture is the keeping of the front look in relation to the target, while maintaining eyesight alignment.
4) Seeking Area. Since the pistol is constantly moving, look picture can be acquired inside an aiming area center mass on the focus on. Aiming location is defined as the movement of the sights for the target, while maintaining sight alignment. Each individual need to define an acceptable aiming location within his own capability to stabilize the sights. Period, distance for the target, and private ability dictates what this kind of aiming region is. As being a shooter becomes more proficient, his striving area turns into more specific.
a) The looking area is dependent on the individual's stability of hold. A proper grip stabilizes the scenery so that sight alignment is maintained. Yet , the scenery continuously move within the seeking area around the target. The Marine need to accept this movement and find out to apply bring about control. After a shooter gets sight alignment/sight picture within the aiming region, he must ensure the shot breaks at the moment the sight photo is established....